Eating Local

November 22, 2011

Hello!

I’m about to head to the Y with my sister to work out, so this post will probably be pretty snappy.  :-)

Last night, we enjoyed a meal of South Louisiana trout, caught by none other than…my dad!

I’ll be honest—the thought of eating fish from the Gulf daunted me a little.  But this trout was absolutely delicious—maybe things really are starting to go back to normal down there?

Of course, the delicious factor could be because of the cooking method.  My dad doused the fish in egg, then rice flour, and then cooked them in butter…lots and lots of butter.  The fish came out golden and delicious:

Wait, not quite finished…why not pour a little butter and lemon juice over the top as well?

That’s better.

We enjoyed our fish with broccoli with almonds and a delicious mushroom risotto that my mom made:

And Sophie, who had eaten dinner earlier, mainly just ate cookies:

:-)

Have a great day!

1. Patti permalink
    November 22, 2011 2:56 pm

So glad you are having some good times with family and friends. The wedding in New Orleans looked like so much fun. I can’t wait to visit there one of these days. Please bring som fresh trout when you come to Seattle – looks delicious.

2. November 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Sophie’s eyes are SO gorgeous! Ah! And I’m not much for fish- but that does look pretty darn good. Maybe I’ll just stick to cookies with Sophie :)

3. November 22, 2011 3:10 pm

I’m normally not a huge trout fan but that looks good! Butter and lemon help of course ;)

4. November 22, 2011 4:05 pm

I am thinking of making a risotto for Thanksgiving – was going with pumpkin, but mushroom is sounding good now!

5. Marcee .... ILLINOIS permalink
    November 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Wow …. trout. And lotsa butter! Exactly what I need for (my) Thanksgiving dinner. Would pair excellent w/mashed garlic potatoes, green beans,, cranberry sauce …. and definitely stuffing. I make all veggie w/tons of fresh garlic and a fantastic mixture of toasted breads. Wow …. what a meal.

Turkey is not good tasting to me these days …… for many years. Anyone notice how bitter and gamey it is? Yuck.

Who could not like pumpkin-mushroom risotto …. a winner!

P.S. Sophie is absolutely gorgeous! Look at her little barnyard dress!!! Ha. Love it. Matches Sophie’s eyes.

6. November 22, 2011 9:42 pm

I’m not usually a fish fan, but fry it up and I’m a happy camper

7. November 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Oh my goodness…look how big Sophie is!!!

8. November 22, 2011 10:52 pm

I swear just yesterday Sophie was a tiny little baby…WOW…she’s all grown up…and gorgeous!

9. November 23, 2011 3:03 am

Those eyes! Sophie is just beautiful! Enjoy your family Anna!

10. November 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Yum- the fish looks great and the risotto and broccoli look even better. I usually like the ‘sides’ best anyways.