Dog Days

November 2, 2011

Hellllo, friends. Today has been all about the dogs.  This morning, on my walk, I was trailed by a sweet (but skittish) puppy, sans collar.  I tried to get him to follow me home (sorry, Ryan…I had to!!), but about halfway there, he turned and hauled butt down the street.  I searched for him throughout the neighborhood in my car—I was worried he was going to get hit!!—but didn’t see him again.

So I guess we’re still just a two dog family…for now. ;-)

When I got home, it was time for lunch with our dogs.  We’ve been eating lunch outside, and I think the dogs really enjoy having us out there so much.  Still, things are getting a little *too* familiar, if you know what I mean.

First, both dogs decided to sit on the chair next to me:

That worked for about 2.5 seconds, and then Ella left to play in the yard.  Baxter, however, stuck around as I ate my lunch: an Amy’s brown rice and tofu bowl, plus a smoothie with berries, kale, spinach, and some Vega almond and vanilla smoothie mix:

It must have smelled pretty good, because this:

…quickly turned to this:

Why sit in a chair when you can just lay right on the table?

Our dogs are nothing if not respectful of boundaries.  Obviously.

Off to get some grading done, and then maybe do a little shopping—I need to find a dress for a wedding in just a few weeks…have a great afternoon!

1. November 2, 2011 6:47 pm

Ha, love Baxter’s coyish way of cozying up to your lunch!

2. November 2, 2011 7:01 pm

Seriously pregnancy shopping is kicking my tail…nothing feels right! Hopefully your shopping trip is fantastic though :)

• November 2, 2011 8:47 pm

I know, I’m worried it’s going to be that way for me, too– that’s why I’ve put it off, ha!

3. November 2, 2011 7:01 pm

haha, pup on the table :) It’s cute when they’re little like Baxter. If Ginger tried to do that something/one would’ve gotten hurt!

4. November 2, 2011 7:25 pm

Awww, love the doggie pics. Glad you got a nice walk in and bravo to you for staying active!

5. November 2, 2011 8:50 pm

LOL – too cute. Ours never last sitting in the same chair together either. Usually only happens by accident for a millisecond.

6. November 2, 2011 8:55 pm

I’m always picking up lost dogs…Josh loves it! Love that the puppers totally respect your boundaries. Frank does as well- hes also an AWESOME listener…right right. That smoothie looks tasty. Good luck with the shopping

7. November 3, 2011 12:33 am

julius told me to tell you he loves this post.

8. November 3, 2011 12:38 am

It’s kinda funny how our pets take over. I think it has a lot to do with how we treat them…they’re like us! I would have sat on the table for that smoothie too! I hope you had some luck finding a dress!

• November 3, 2011 12:52 am

I know, right? We talk about how our dogs have no boundaries…but we’re the ones who let them up on the table, haha.

9. Ginger permalink
    November 3, 2011 8:34 pm

So cute, but I still am missing this years’ costumes! Did they dress for Halloween?

• November 3, 2011 9:34 pm

No…we couldn’t get it together in time :-( We went to Target the week before Halloween, and they were already selling Santa suits in the costume area!!

10. Courtney permalink
    November 8, 2011 7:58 pm

What kind of doggie is Baxter?? I have a Jack Chi that looks a LOT like him:)

• November 9, 2011 2:08 pm

He’s a multi-terrier mix :-) We think he’s mostly rat terrier, but with a bit of jack russell and chihuahua in him as well!