Cool As A Cucumber

June 2, 2011

From hot, hot, hot to cool as a cucumber… :-)

Actually, we’re still pretty hot over here…but at least our bellies are happy and full!

Tonight’s dinner was built in stages:

First, I made a dill cream cheese spread by mixing 1 small container of light cream cheese with about 1 cup fresh dill (we really, really like dill), plus a little spinach for extra green power:

Then, the sandwich-building began:

Bread:

plus spread:

plus cucumbers:

plus smoked salmon:

plus more cucumbers:

…then topped off with more bread and spread:

Final product:

Mmmmm…this was a great sammie!  The dill spread would be good as a dip too…really creamy and fresh!  Plus, we didn’t have to cook ANYTHING.  And that’s what really counts in weather like this!

Tomorrow, I’m flying to Texas to visit one of my bff’s (and loyal blog reader!) Amory, followed by a mother/daughter trip with my mom and sister.  Blogging might be scarce for the next few days…although Ryan has promised to do a guest post at some point!

Sporting his conference t-shirt…that’s my guy.  ;-)

See you from Texas!

About these ads
  1. June 2, 2011 2:26 am

cant wait for the guestie!

have fun, and safe, travels!

and that sammie…mmmm, good!

2. June 2, 2011 2:41 am

No wonder you’re cool….you’ve got to cool down with that awesome sandwich! I love the fresh, clean flavors in there.

Have a great trip at Texas! :-)

3. June 2, 2011 11:23 am

That sandwich looks awesome. I should really buy some smoked salmon- I love the stuff but have never purchased it myself!!

4. June 2, 2011 11:57 am

This sandwich looks AMAZING!! I’m glad you posted about cucumbers because I’m already getting asked by customers whether we should eat them or not (because of the E. Coli outbreak that was thought to be linked to cucumbers). Ugh!! Why does it always have to be produce?!

Have a great trip!

5. June 2, 2011 12:53 pm

The sandwich looks perfect for the hot weather! Have a safe and fun trip! I’m looking forward to Ryan’s post!

6. June 2, 2011 12:53 pm

safe travels!

7. June 2, 2011 1:03 pm

Wow…that sandwich has “Kelly” written all over it! Sorry we won’t be meeting up but thank you so much for your compassion and understanding. I sincerely appreciate it! :)

8. June 2, 2011 1:08 pm

Wow, that dip makes the sandwich–I love the idea of it with all that dill. I don’t think I’ve ever made anything with fresh dill before so this could be something fun to try! Have a fun and save trip :)

9. June 2, 2011 2:21 pm

That spread looks delicious! I try so hard to like smoked salmon but everytime I buy it I just can’t get on board. It’s weird b/c I love cooked salmon and raw salmon in sushi. I know the spread sould be good on other sandwiches though too.
    Have a great trip!

10. June 2, 2011 11:24 pm

What a great sandwich! I think that would make an AWESOME dip! mmm with lots of fresh veggies. Have fun on your trip

11. June 3, 2011 4:21 am

Looks like a great sandwich, love the creamy dill spread! Have a safe and fun trip!

12. June 3, 2011 10:09 am

Wow!!! Love the dill dip/spread!!! Delicious!!!

13. June 3, 2011 11:24 am

that sandwich looks great! i know it has been crazy hot here too, thank goodness for cucumbers

have fun in Texas!

14. June 4, 2011 1:15 am

Yum!! I make an asparagus spread and this is a genius use for a veg spread! =) Thanks girl!

15. June 4, 2011 6:33 pm

This sandwich sounds fantastic! I love spreads as a healthier alternative to mayo and always think they are more flavorful too. This one looks like a definite winner! Wishing you a fantastic summer weekend :)