Summertime…and the Living’s Easy

May 31, 2011

Ryan and I were talking the other day about how we wish we were moving away from Pennsylvania in the WINTER instead of the summer.  Winter for the past few years has been the bane of my existence, but I LOVE summertime in Pennsylvania.  We don’t do anything special—just lots of grilling out, long walks with the dogs, and meals on the screen porch.  Those are the things I’m going to miss.

Yesterday was kind of a quintessential Pennsylvania summertime day for us.  We walked the dogs along the beautiful Lower Trail:

…then came home for a grilled dinner.  I’ll miss this site:

…and drinking a beer on the back porch as I catch up on blogs:

…and simple dinners like grilled tofu, corn, and fresh fruit:

Perfection.  Obviously we had a very low-key Memorial day…which was fine with us!

Our realtor is coming over to take pictures of the house at 2:00, so we are off to clean, clean, CLEAN!!!

Happy Tuesday!

About these ads
  1. May 31, 2011 1:24 pm

UGH, the cleaning! I am so tired of the cleaning! It looks like a perfect day! I hope you’re feeling better! Good luck with the sale!

2. May 31, 2011 1:24 pm

PA summers are so pretty. They’re hot and muggy, but I really love the way everything looks all lush and green!!

3. Emo permalink
    May 31, 2011 1:46 pm

At least in AL you’ll be able to buy beer at the grocery store! You’ll probably have to look around a bit for bbq-tofu, thou. :)

• May 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Haha…true :-) We were driving the other day and saw a BBQ place with a pig wearing a tuxedo on the storefront– we thought of y’all. He seemed a little dressed up for BBQ though.

4. May 31, 2011 3:39 pm

good luck with the realtor. SO EXCITING!!!!!!

i love the pics of you..and i love that purple dress you’re wearing. I’d raid your closet for that one :)

• May 31, 2011 4:02 pm

J.Crew factory sale– 9 dollars!! It’s very comfy :-)

5. May 31, 2011 6:14 pm

Cute pics, I’m sure summers will still be great! Looks like you’re getting better weather than us and I’m jealous, cold and wet here still. So exciting about the move!

6. May 31, 2011 6:52 pm

I love the pic of you and the pups!

I hate the song but I am intrigued by this Dream Weaver beer :)

7. Marcee ..... ILLINOIS permalink
    May 31, 2011 7:54 pm

You sure look healthy Anna! Very cute in that adorable dress! Poochies are great!

The simple lunch is right up my alley. Gotta try. Minus the beer ~ LOL! I’ve never liked beers. None of em.

Keep us posted on your move. It will be an exciting time. Everything will work out marvelously!

ENJOY SUMMER!!

8. May 31, 2011 8:40 pm

So glad you guys are enjoying the last summer there. Looks beautiful and now I need some corn on the cob!

9. May 31, 2011 9:28 pm

OMG GIRL! I am so grilling tofu! yum!

I cant wait to blog from my porch someday… if they ever build it ;)

10. May 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Winters in that area are TOUGH! There is nothing like being stuck in a valley! I used to want to cry when I had to walk to class :) What a nice day! We had grilled corn on the cob yesterday- ah-mazing!

11. May 31, 2011 11:53 pm

I know, I agree…I would so much rather move in winter. Plus the thought of sweaty strangers packing all my belongings kinda skeeves me out and that is just all the worse in warmer weather, haha!

12. June 1, 2011 2:47 am

Oooh, I’ve never grilled tofu before. What did you season it with?

• June 1, 2011 11:20 am

We pressed it for a few hours, and then let it sit in a terriyaki marinade for about thirty minutes– it was great!

13. JenATX permalink
    June 6, 2011 9:44 pm

i just love summertine grilling :) In Texas we have to wait until around 7 or 8 to escape the heat, unless you have a shaded patio… but its worth the wait