Double the Chickpea, Double the Fun

January 26, 2011

Soooo…the twins weren’t kidding about socca being addictive.  Ever since we had it last week, I’ve been jonesin’ for another fix! It’s so easy and quick, so I knew one of our teaching nights would be a good night to give it another go.

Last night, we returned home from classes around 6:50, and we were sitting down to dinner by 7:05.  I’m telling you—socca is not only delicious and easy, it is FAST!

I made ours super thin this time, with only a half cup of chickpea flour, a half cup of water, and about a tablespoon of olive oil, plus a sprinkle of salt.  I poured it all into the cast iron skillet, popped it in the oven, and less than 10 minutes later, it was ready!

We kept ours simple and topped it with spinach, tomatoes, and orange bell pepper slices, plus a thick layer of hummus.  Very fresh-tasting!

Yum! (and yes, those tomatoes were totally on their last leg.)

I know it’s not my birthday anymore, but I have to share these adorable pictures of Sophie:

I love how you can trace the meltdown from picture to picture.  Somebody was NOT happy about having to hold that sign! (or maybe it was the leg warmers?)

That’s okay, Sophie Rose. I know you love me.  :-)

About these ads
  1. January 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Oh, those pictures are priceless! Love her cute leg warmers :)

2. January 26, 2011 1:27 pm

When my tomatoes are on their last leg, I slice them in half and just show the inside LOL. I guess I need to try that socca recipe…. Sophie is just too darn cute even at the start of a meltdown.

3. Ginger permalink
    January 26, 2011 1:38 pm

So funny! She’s definitely got a mind of her own now, doesn’t she?

4. January 26, 2011 1:47 pm

oh that face! oh my goodness…so cute :)

5. January 26, 2011 2:44 pm

I love the leg warmers! She is just too cute. Ok, socca is addictive. Seriously, I crave chickpea flour now to strange extremes! It looks so good!

6. Kelly permalink
    January 26, 2011 2:46 pm

pictures of Sophie MAKE ME wants kids!!!!

7. January 26, 2011 2:55 pm

My parents surprised me with chickpea flour before I left home. I know what I’ll be making soon :-)

Sophie looks like a baby auditioning for Flash Dance, too cute.

8. January 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Oh, goodness! She is SO cute!! Love those leg warmers!

9. January 26, 2011 4:52 pm

The last picture is worth a million bucks. I love how she’s about to chuck that thing far away from her…she’s like, “I love you, Aunt Anna, but this sign really blows.”

10. January 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Hmmm, maybe I’ll do socca again tonight. Yours looks great! Hehe, I’ve eaten tomatoes like that and have been known to chuck them into smoothies. Adorable Sophie pics!

11. January 26, 2011 6:06 pm

Such a cute baby! She is not amused with that sign :)

12. January 26, 2011 6:36 pm

those tomatoes look so fresh and juicy! tomatoes are one of my favorite foods of all time :)

13. January 26, 2011 6:43 pm

aww Happy Birthday little one :) love the leg warmers!!

And yes we are addicted to socca too…love it!

14. January 26, 2011 8:17 pm

That looks like one unhappy baby! I don’t think I smiled for a single picture until I was about 2, so I completely understand!

15. January 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Oh Sophie you are too cute, even mid-meltdown ;)

16. January 26, 2011 8:36 pm

hehe, I bet Sophie just misses you :) Great dinner. I love cherry tomatoes. Deliciousness

17. January 26, 2011 8:48 pm

can I just tell you that you and your hubby certainly have your competition cut out for ya ;) that baby is absolutely beautiful!

• January 27, 2011 2:44 am

Sighhhhh. I know. We have long discussions about how our kids are going to be “the smart ones.” :-)

18. January 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Ok… we are definitely on the same socca wavelength. I had also made socca last night, and I had also made it that SAME night when you had originally made it, as I had also been inspired by the Twins. I had never made socca previous to those 2 times. I think the socca muse flew down to us at the same exact time(s)!

19. January 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Sophie Rose is SO adorable!

I absolutely love socca. One of our sister restaurants make it and it’s fabulous! I ate so much when I was in Nice, and really have to make some myself. It’s so easy!

20. January 26, 2011 11:33 pm

too cute for words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sara

21. January 27, 2011 12:05 am

Haha- my nephew did a similar photo session for me but I never got to see the outtakes. This is adorable.

I am very intrigued by socca and will try to make it as soon as I get myself to the health store.

22. January 27, 2011 12:36 am

Love chickpeas! I’m gonna try to make falafel with them tomorrow!

Cute baby!

• January 27, 2011 1:02 am

Your blog title just cracked me up. Thank you :-)

23. January 27, 2011 3:15 am

I always crack at the meltdown pics of my niece and when I am there while it’s happening my sisters yells at me telling me it’s not funny but then that makes me laugh even harder and then I start crying from laughing too hard!