Double the Protein, Double the Fun

October 27, 2010

Hi friends!

I’m glad that you all enjoyed Ryan’s guest post.  It pains me that I am oftentimes the only one who gets to hear all of his clever remarks and witticisms, day after day…after day…after day.  No, really.  It pains me.

In any case, the bread was a great success, and he’s already been eying some more complicated recipes, so you can expect a few more guest posts from him in the future!

It’s beautiful here today—65 degrees and sunny.  I took advantage of the weather and headed out for a run this morning, only to have my Garmin conk out after about five minutes.  I think, sadly, it’s on its last leg.  Not good, three weeks before a race.  I can generally figure out how far I’ve run, because I have a pretty good sense of my pace, but now that I’ve had my Garmin for about a year, I really like to know the exact numbers—it’s created a monster!

In any case, I ran for about forty minutes, so I figure it was four and some odd miles.  When I returned home, I threw together a quick burrito lunch with double the protein—black beans AND some leftover plain tofu.  Some people don’t like plain tofu, but I really love it! Strange, I know. My burrito also had Daiya cheese (it’s starting to grow on me a little), spinach, and salsa.  Yum!

Actually, it was *supposed* to be a burrito, but I got a little too excited about my toppings (what else is new?), and it grew too full to wrap up! Whoops!

I had to eat it open-faced…but I was okay with that. ;-)

See you tonight for dinner!

About these ads
  1. October 27, 2010 5:30 pm

i love when burritos are too big…then i get to eat the filling and refill :)

2. October 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Garmin monsters! I think there is one in all of us, I know I’m definitely one, haha.

3. October 27, 2010 5:47 pm

I always have to eat mine open faced…I go too crazy with toppings too. Looks delicious!

4. October 27, 2010 5:55 pm

I prefer open-faced. :) In fact, when I’m given a sandwich in a restaurant, I often end up taking it apart. Is that weird? [And whenever I go to Subway or Pita Pit, my sandwiches or pitas are usually so overstuffed with veggies that they can’t stay closed….]

5. October 27, 2010 6:09 pm

I’ve been thinking about getting myself a Garmin and though I see you’re a fan of yours, I was wondering about the issues you’ve recently had with it? Makes me a little nervous to put a chunk of change down on something like that to only conk out after a year? Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)
    -Lisa

• October 28, 2010 12:23 am

Hey Lisa! It’s totally my fault– I got it wet by accident, and it’s been conking out ever since. In fact, it still works about 85% of the time, which I think is a testament to how strong they are! I’d still wholly recommend Garmin to anyone– I love mine!!

• Lisa permalink
        October 28, 2010 3:15 am

Oh goody, I’m glad to hear that! (Not that yours is acting up but that it wasn’t the Garmin’s fault)…thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it!

6. October 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Ahh I love when wraps are so full you can’t really wrap them ;) Oh and your husbands guest post was awesome! So cute :)

7. October 27, 2010 8:45 pm

tofu plain? i shall try that.

8. October 27, 2010 9:51 pm

I think it was even warmer than 65 here today. Crazy!

9. October 27, 2010 10:17 pm

I love big burritos that you have to eat with a fork and knife! I love taking advantage of weather in October and November, it’s almost like a steal!

10. October 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Your Garmin is already acting up after only a year? I’d contact the company…that’s the first time I’ve heard of one dying so quickly!!

I secretly all of my homemade burritos with a knife and fork. My wrapping skills suck :)

• October 28, 2010 12:23 am

I got it wet in an unfortunate accident :-( Totally my own fault!

11. October 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Eating the burrito with a knife and fork is ok, I have done that before ;) The toppings are the best part to me, LOL!

12. October 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Oh I hear you on gadgets and running. I nearly went into a tailspin when the battery in my polar died. It was ugly around here.

13. October 27, 2010 11:38 pm

I can never get my burritos to wrap. I always fill them too full.

14. Ginger permalink
    October 27, 2010 11:47 pm

Yeah, that Garmin was a Christmas present last year, wasn’t it? So, it didn’t even last a year! Bring it home for Thanksgivine and we’ll take it back to SportSpectrum. That burrito looks so good!!!

• October 27, 2010 11:52 pm

No, that was Katherine’s. I bought mine on my own, here in PA :-(

15. October 28, 2010 12:22 am

Haha, I always do that to my “burritos” too! I just can not help myself.

16. October 28, 2010 12:49 am

I always tear apart my burritos when I eat them :) YUM!