Green Goodness

April 29, 2010

Hello, hello!  How goes your hump day?  Every time I say “hump day,” I inadvertently get the song “My Humps” stuck in my head for hours.  Ugh.  As much fun as I like hearing lines like “You love my lady lumps” running through my head, after a while, it tends to get a little old.  But every time I remember this, it’s too late, and I’ve already used the phrase “hump day.”  As is the case right now.

Anywho.

My household project was a fail.  Well, not a fail exactly, but it’s going to take more time.  I want to recover our dining room chairs to match the room accents and wall paintings better, but all of the fabric samples I liked were specialty order ones (surprise, surprise).  I was feeling pretty indecisive about it…in fact, I might go back tomorrow and take some pictures of the candidates, and get you guys to weight in and vote!

The rest of the afternoon was spent doing work for my online class, snacking on peanut butter and cereal, and watching one of my hands down favorite episodes of 90210: the one where Brenda finds the old diary from the 1960’s, and the cast is made-over as 60’s versions of themselves.  Love it.  Dylan McKay makes a super hot Vietnam protester.

Anywho.

Dinner tonight was fast, easy, and delicious:

Sauteed kale with edamame and pumpkin seeds + sweet potato fries + KETCHUP!!! :-)

blog 010

blog 017

Mmmm…instead of cooking the sp fries at high heat for a short amount of time, which is what I usually do, I cooked them at 275 for about 35 minutes.  I think I like this way better—they were SUPER soft and delicious, but still had a chew on the outside.  Yum!

blog 018

blog 015

I’ve never met a sweet potato fry I didn’t like.

That’s all for tonight…see you tomorrow!

About these ads
  1. Katherine: What About Summer? permalink
    April 29, 2010 12:21 am

that edamme mix looks great. I think I’m regretting putting a package of frozen edamme back when I was at the store today…
    Katherine

2. April 29, 2010 1:23 am

MMMMMM kale and edamame oh and sweet potatoes. Great call!

3. April 29, 2010 1:34 am

Yum, you can never go wrong with a sweet potato!

4. April 29, 2010 1:51 am

Any way you cook a sweet potato is good for me :-)

5. April 29, 2010 2:06 am

I’m in love with sweet potatoes. I used to bake sweet potato rounds all the time, but for some reason, I’ve recently stopped. I’m not sure why because I’ve never met a sweet potato fry I don’t like either!

6. April 29, 2010 2:36 am

YUM! i love that everyone’s adding pumpkin seeds to stuff these days…they’re SO good :)

7. April 29, 2010 4:21 am

Yummm… I have kale AND sweet potatoes, I might do something similar tomorrow. Do you put anything on the sweet potatoes when you cook them?

I still have two kitchen chairs left to recover, they were still in my sisters basement when I did the other four, fun easy stuff, I love the selection at Fabricland here, soo many to pick from and not too pricey.

• April 29, 2010 12:37 pm

I toss them in a few teaspoons of olive oil, and then put cajun seasoning on them…perfection!

8. April 29, 2010 4:39 am

Oh YES! Best episode ever.

9. April 29, 2010 4:41 am

i definitely need to up my sweet potato fry consumption!

10. April 29, 2010 5:27 am

Sweet potato fries never get old!!! So good!!

11. April 29, 2010 12:04 pm

I’m with you on the sweet potato fries – they never fail! Ultimate comfort.
    I wish I’d got into 90210 – I watched half of the first episode (of the new version) and was majorly unimpressed :(
    Have a good Thursday!

• April 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Oh NO– the remake is awful!!! I’m all about old school episodes :-)

12. April 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Yum…ketchup makes everything taste better!! :)

13. April 29, 2010 1:51 pm

I love edamame! I can’t believe I didn’t introduce it into my home life sooner. I always ordered it at sushi places! It’s such a great source of protein… love it! Oh 90210… I don’t watch the new one but the original series was awesome!

14. April 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Your dinner sounds delicious!!!! I’m with you on the sweet potato fries.. I love them any way, shape, or form! And low and slow is totally the way to go!

15. eatgoodstuff permalink
    April 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Oh sweet potato fries… why must you be so delicious?
    I need to stop questioning it and just go with it.

16. April 29, 2010 4:38 pm

ahaha ive never made a sweet tater fry i didnt like either!! YUMMMMMMMMM…i need to try the slow cooking method! or low heat..i love them mushy!

17. April 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Anna, my sentiments exactly: never met a potato ( i like white and sweet) that I didn’t like. Truth be told I’m a potato girl at heart. Not really into the pasta, but the starchy mush of potato just melts my heart. Yours look like perfection on a plate. Love the low and slow approach!

18. April 29, 2010 9:13 pm

That was a great episode of 90210! Wow, that brings back memories. Great dinner, especially the sweet potato fries.

19. April 30, 2010 12:01 am

oh those fries look great!