Clear Out Da Fridge

April 25, 2010

Hey guys! Not much going on here—it’s been gray and rainy all day (again), so I spent the morning writing in my bathrobe.  As a matter of fact, I’m STILL in my bathrobe…gotta love Sundays, right?

Despite my slovenly appearance, I did manage to get a lot of writing done, and before I knew it, my writing goal had been met, the clock read 12:30, and my stomach was growling.  Lunch!

Next week is our last full week here, so we’re trying to clear out the fridge little by little.  I made a pretty good dent in it today with my lunch salad:  wheatberries, corn, black beans, and peas, all topped with a big scoop of salsa and some hemp seeds.  Yum!

blog 001

blog 004

blog 005

Well, I guess since it’s going on 1:30, I should probably get dressed for the day.  :-) I think a trip to the grocery store is on our agenda…see you for dinner!

About these ads
  1. April 25, 2010 6:04 pm

How come even your cleaning out the fridge meals are so pretty?!

2. April 25, 2010 6:05 pm

It was supposed to rain here but now the sun is coming out! Jealous of your morning :-)

3. April 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Anna, I’m not sure if I’ve commented before, but I’ve been following your blog for the last few months. I recently took up running (again) and I need new running shoes. If you don’t mind me asking, what shoes do you wear? I’ve been researching for the last week or so but I figure it’d be best to ask those who actually wear them regularly :) Thanks! Also, lunch looks delicious!

• April 25, 2010 7:00 pm

I’ve been running in Asics for a few years now, and I love them!

4. April 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Aaahh the joys of staying in your dressing gown all day….I might do that tomorrow, it sounds so relaxing :D
    Are you moving house….?Why is it your last full week? (I feel like I’ve missed a post?)

• April 25, 2010 7:00 pm

When the semester ends, we’re going down to Louisiana to visit my family for a few weeks, that’s all! :-)

5. April 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Beautiful salad! Salads are awesome for cleaning out the fridge. :)

6. April 25, 2010 8:18 pm

That salad looks so delicious! And I love the bowl.

7. April 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Gotta love a good refrigerator special! That looks really good. Who says you can’t be productive in your PJs!

8. Katherine: What About Summer? permalink
    April 25, 2010 11:07 pm

there is totally nothing wrong with going to the grocery store wearing the same thing you slept in… right? oh dear I’m a social nightmare.
    Katherine

9. April 26, 2010 12:01 am

Umm, it’s 8 pm and I’m still wearing the shirt that I slept in last night. I probably shouldn’t share that!

10. April 26, 2010 12:23 am

I often spend my Sundays in my bathrobe…until about 2…so, you’re not alone.

And, the weather is pretty gloomy, isn’t it…we were spoiled this week with all the sunshine. I didn’t even get to go outside this week to make a picnic :(

Enjoy your night!

11. April 26, 2010 2:27 am

Looks very good for a fridge clean out meal, nice!